Friday, September 12, 2008

Denmark's national museum

Yesterday we had a class outing to Denmarks national museum. I couldn't believe how nice this place was! It was completely amazing. There were rooms from the stone age all the way up to the present. I will be going back to get a better look at everything one of these days. We didn't get to seen even half of the museum. And the admission was free. Thats always a plus.

In the museum there were conficting images of immigration which was interesting to see. They present the immigrants as being something outside. They talked about how the immigrant only wants to keep their culture and they dont want to intergrate any of the danish culture into their own. I thought that was pretty interesting.

The way that they presented women was pretty typical. The woman always had on a dress and the younger women had full busts and the older women were "less attractive". All the women had really skinny waists. If the woman was being presented with a man, she was constantly "swooning" over him. Pretty typical of older European art.

The rest of the day I pretty much didnt do anything. I did eat at this really amazing Italian place down in Copenhagen. Christy and I shared a pizza. It was pretty dang good.

Tonight I think that a group of us are going out dancing. I hope everything works out because I would really like to go dancing tonight. They have a lot of dance clubs in both Copenhagen and Roskilde. Pretty exciting stuff!

I will have more coming your way!

No comments: